Yes it's off topic but who cares right now.

Larry Diffey ldiffey at technologyforward.com
Fri Sep 14 19:19:59 UTC 2001

I started this thread, hopefully this will end it but somehow I doubt it.

Fact:  We were attacked.
Fact:  We are in a state of war
Fact:  The enemy doesn't have a specific geographic location we can bomb the
crap out of.

We as a nation must defend ourselves.  If we do nothing about this because
"violence and hate beget violence and hate" then it's going to happen again
and again.

Violence and hate then are not the opertative words here.  Justice and
prevention are.

There are many reasons that the Muslims hate the US.  These reasons cannot
be easily summarized into a couple of emails.  To write a history of Middle
East tensions and US involvement (or even exacerbation) in these tensions
would fill volumes.

But here we are; we've been attacked and if we don't do something about it
we will be attacked again and again.  Even if we do something we will
probably be attacked again.  We must therefore act with switftness to
eradicate (and continually prune) the organizations that exist for the
purpose of defeating the United States.

Enough said.  Go get them!

Larry Diffey