Yes it's off topic but who cares right now.

Borchers, Mark mborchers at splitrock.net
Fri Sep 14 14:20:00 UTC 2001

I certainly agree that our country has an obligation to the
victims and to the cause of justice to take some sort of action.
However, I hope that in the event that more innocent lives are
lost in the course of our response, that Americans will not
revel and celebrate the way that we saw some Middle Easterners
doing.  I do not think the people we saw dancing in the streets
on the news were typical Arab citizens.  The typical observant
Muslim is a monotheist with a high sense of ethics and considers
terrorists to be.....terrorists.  The better classes of Muslims
are remarkably similar to the better classes of Americans.
Unfortunately, we too have our share of bums who will be cheering
on their barstools and consider it to be entertainment should
the conflict spill over to impact innocents....as the terrorists
very likely hope that it does.