Yes it's off topic but who cares right now.

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Fri Sep 14 13:27:50 UTC 2001

Randy, this ain't Vietnam and the Viet Cong never tried to massacre US
civilians, in the US. Nor, were they ever bent on destroying our
civilization. They were executing a military operation. That is all. Any of
these guys would be another Pol Pot.

This is a whole different ball-game. We haven't seen it's like in almost 200
years. This isn't realy war, it's Crusade/Jihad. The messiest kind of
conflict known to man-kind. Ignoring it only make you dead, or converted.