Internet assessment - September 13 2001

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Sep 14 12:38:16 UTC 2001

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:10:55AM -0700, Sean Donelan wrote:
> The Internet routed around much of the failure, but there seem to be
> only a few individual networks which are unreachable.  The generator

I know that MFN/AboveNet is quite willing to provide temporary
peering/transit services in the US and Europe for networks affected
by this action.  I suspect most other providers are offering similar
help.  I would hope that the Internet community could get these
networks back online in fairly short order to help keep communications
flowing.  For those networks completely offline, can those with
phone contacts pass this message along to them via voice lines?

Leo Bicknell - bicknell at ufp.org
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440