Don't blame Intelligence or Security Agencies.....

Dean Robb Dean at PC-Easy-va.com
Thu Sep 13 19:11:28 UTC 2001

At 01:25 AM 9/13/2001, you wrote:

> > The intelligence agencies in the United States are the best in the world.
> >
> > Get your shit straight!
> >
> > ~ Clarke ~
>
>If our 'best' had no hint that what happened yesterday was going to occur,
>then perhaps the statement above is wrong. (Either way(if they knew, or not)
>expect changes, and more money for them.)

Unfair.  I've heard lots and lots of people screaming "intelligence
failure" and "why didn't we know about this?".  It's actually pretty damn
simple - bin Laden (or whomever) wasn't talking about his plans on his cell
phone.

Like...duh.

One cannot intercept communications that don't take place.  Wanna defeat
the NSA?  Write your message on a piece of paper and mail it.

All the gurus ascribe the attack to intelligent, capable, well-trained
terrorists - why should we think they'd be stupid enough to talk in the
clear about their plans?  It's not like NSA's comm intercept capabilities
are a dark secret.

If you don't have people sitting in the inner circles (and terrorist
leaders tend to be very clannish folks - if you ain't family, you ain't in)
and the bad guys aren't blabbing all into their telephones - how can you
learn about their plans?

Dean Robb
www.PC-Easy-va.com
On-site computer services