OT: San Jose airport open for business

Bill Woodcock woody at zocalo.net
Thu Sep 13 15:33:19 UTC 2001

Duane Wessels and I are at SJC.  We counted five United planes at gates and about a dozen Continental, as well as another half-dozen staged out on the tarmac. Other airlines are at the other terminal. All the gate areas are still fenced off and locked. The check-in counter staff believe that all United flights are cancelled for today (Thursday) from all airports, and are currently re-booking for flights starting at 6am Friday, however they're not optimistic about anything departing before 9am Pacific time.

                               -Bill

Please excuse the brevity of this message; I typed it on my pager. I could be more loquacious, but then I'd crash my car.