Analysis from a JHU CS Prof

Borchers, Mark mborchers at splitrock.net
Wed Sep 12 20:38:05 UTC 2001

The best airport security is considered the Israeli airport
security organization.  A recent article in a travel magazine
followed a security expert through the airport as he intentionally
did things to "trip" the multiple layers of security.  It relies
more on trained humans than technology.

Of course, the US aviation community is certainly well aware of
this, so it is probably not necessary to present solutions to the
problems of airport security on NANOG.