Stranded US citizens in Germany - offer of assistence

Dave Morton dave at manbitesdog.de
Thu Sep 13 07:44:11 UTC 2001

Folks,

Apologies for this rather belated offer. Simply didn't occur to me
previously. This morning I saw a TV report about the very large number
of US travellers stranded here in Europe and elsewhere around the world.

I, for one, can offer accommodation and any other other help needed
in particular here in the Munich or surrounding areas. I live half way
between Munich city and the airport. I know a large number of US bound
flights had to return here. The general accommodation situation may not
currently be bad - I do not know. As many of you may know, the October
festival is due to start Sat. week although there are talks in progress
to cancel it entirely given the current situation.

In any case, there may or may not be an accommodation shortage depending
on a number of factors. Given that transatlantic flights show no sign of
being allowed in the following days I can offer those of you have either
relatives, friends or colleagues here or in the area that they contact me
immediately. I can comfortably house up to six people. I will also gladly
pick folks and baggage up as needed.

Home phone and cell numbers are noted below. Please feel free to pass this
information along to anyone you know is stranded and may need assistance.

Best r.
Dave

--
Dave Morton