Yes it's off topic but who cares right now.

Mathias Körber mathias at koerber.org
Thu Sep 13 03:43:34 UTC 2001

| This is hardly a revelation...they've been trying to do this for years, to
| no avail.  BTW, is it "Taleban" or "Taliban"?  I always thought the
| latter, but that last post spelled it the former, and searches on cnn.com
| bring reponses both ways...

As the term is not natively English, you will find that different
transliterations result in slightly different spellings, depending on
how people hear the term and would pronounce the letters.
Similarly, Osama bin Lad(i|e)n is called Ussama Ibn Ladin in German
news.
So I would not worry about the spelling, unless you need to do extensive searched
on the term...