Lack of Security

Dave Stewart dbs at ntrnet.net
Thu Sep 13 03:22:58 UTC 2001

At 10:55 PM 9/12/2001, Mathias Körber wrote:
>And thus reduce the number of people and bags etc that need to be checked,
>which will allow for more time to do thorough checks.
>Why is it important that non-passengers be able to get all the way to the
>gate?

I understand that, and I don't believe it's important that non-passengers
get all the way to the gate.

My point is that the hijackers were ticketed passengers.  Short of strip
search, it's entirely possible that the weapons they had would not have
been discovered.   Unless we're going to do at least  a pat-down of all
passengers.

In short, from what I've seen, the "security" measures now being put in
place would have done little or nothing to avert yesterday's attacks.

As has been pointed out earlier - enter the country legally, do everything
exactly as authorities ask.  Then take whatever action you want once the
flight is in the air.

The air marshall program is a good idea - I worry a little that a group of
determined people could overpower him/her and end up in possession of their
weapon.