60 hudson may collapse..

Majdi S. Abbas msa at samurai.sfo.dead-dog.com
Thu Sep 13 02:46:25 UTC 2001

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 09:37:27PM -0400, Rich Fulton wrote:
> we are hearing that 60 hudson has been evacuated and may collapse.
>
> can anyone give confirmation/details?

	It's about a 10 minute, several block walk from the WTC to
60 Hud.  According to the mapping services it's over half a mile
away.  I find the liklihood of large debris falling that far away
fairly low.  Both 1WTC and 2WTC were just over 1400' tall, which
is approximately a quarter mile.  Even if they had both fallen
directly towards 60 Hudson, it might survive.  There are also
quite a few buildings in the way that should act as a pretty big
shield.

	I think you probably got that from Genuity, which appears
to have retracted it 20 minutes ago.  See (or finger) their
ticket 1223350, which states:

  	"Although access to 60 Hudson Street is prohibited at this
time, contrary to previous reports, we have confirmed that this
facility is currently structurally stable."

  	--msa