Lack of Security

Robert Hough rch at acidpit.org
Thu Sep 13 01:42:12 UTC 2001

Been thinking about this a lot, and forgive me if it's already been
brought up. However, one thing I've heard time and time again about this
whole incident, is American people screaming about the lack of security.

The security we display in most aspects of our society echo the same
security we display in most of our networks as well.

Look at Microsoft's Windows for instance. Probably one of the most
insecure OS'es on the Internet at the moment. Yet, millions of people
still tolerate it. Time and time again, it has been the target of
attacks. However, Microsoft releases a flimsy patch, and tells us
everything is going to be OK. A few months later (sometimes weeks or
days), it gets nailed again. All of this, for convenience.

Now ask yourself, why was it so easy to hijack these planes? Because we
have sacrificed security for convenience - and our enemy used that
against us. Well, something to chew on. G'Night.

--
Robert Hough (rch at acidpit.org)