More CNN reports...

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Wed Sep 12 20:56:58 UTC 2001

Assuming an emergency situation and only two stair wells:

People moving at a normal pace, two abreast means 4 people per second are
exiting the building. In 10 minutes thats about 2400 people.
I am sure they had more than 2 stair wells and people were moving far faster
than 1 person per second/stair.

Deepak