Recovery > It will take years...

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Wed Sep 12 19:38:45 UTC 2001

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 02:40:39PM -0400, John Fraizer wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Eric Gauthier wrote:
> > > It's 3:39am and over the last 45 minutes I've seen and heard at least 4 jets
> > > flying overhead. Since the FAA has suspended all air traffic, by looking at
> > > the speed and hearing the sound I can only guess these are fighter pilots.
> >
> > I live up in Boston and I've heard at least 3 jets this morning (between
> > 9am and 11am)....  Our airports are closed (obviously)...
> >

> Remember folks.  The closure limits flights to government and medical
> flights.  Our government makes use of commercial flights many times.

i'm in Nunavut, Canada (up near the arctic circle).

as an indication of how wide-reaching the air traffic restrictions are, i was
just informed that the Nunavut government has restricted air traffic in nunavut
airspace to medevac, resupply and search/rescue until further notice.

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ Now with more and longer words for your reading enjoyment. ]