Analysis from a JHU CS Prof

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Wed Sep 12 19:25:07 UTC 2001

A salient point here is that many reports indicate that firearms were not
used. Note also that many "bullet-proof" garments are not always knife-proof
(although it takes something on the order of a tanto, stiletto, or a
rapier). Stiletto's can be concealed in the tubing of carry-on luggage
carriers. Boker now makes ceramic knife blades, as do others. Martial arts
training is widely available. I'm going to start looking into fencing
classes.