Yes it's off topic but who cares right now.

Steven M. Bellovin smb at research.att.com
Wed Sep 12 14:51:00 UTC 2001

In message <5.1.0.14.2.20010912104126.0d971e50 at 127.0.0.1>, "Patrick W. Gilmore"
 writes:

>At 10:20 AM 9/12/2001 -0400, Randy Bush wrote:
> >
> >> Although there are Muslims that believe we should all live in peace and
> >> harmony the fundamentals of the Muslim faith state that [x and y] should
> >> be exterminated.
> >
> >this is the horrible desease of all fanatics, irrespective of religion.
> >the disease is not restricted to one view of god.
> >
> >do not spread it yourself.  resist the cycle of violence and hate.
>
>Randy,
>
>Honorable post, thank you.
>
>But I sincerely doubt Mr. Diffey realizes just how closely his thought
>processes mirror the thoughts of those who did this.

Precisely.  We can't allow hate to breed hate.  By all means hunt down
the folks responsible -- but let's not overreact and forget about
"innocent until proven guilty", civil liberties, respect for human
beings, and common sense.  If we do, the terrorists will have won.

				  http://www.wilyhacker.com