60 Hudson

Randy Neals rneals at gt.ca
Tue Sep 11 21:57:10 UTC 2001

We have equipment in 60 Hudson (RACO) and are interested in hearing any
definitive/first hand reports of the status of that facility.
We have not been able to contact our colocation provider directly via
telephone presumably due to overload of the telephone network.

----------------

News from this part of the world: (appologies for being off topic but I have
enjoyed the reports by others...)

We are in the glide path about 5 M West of Toronto International Airport
YYZ. No planes... a strange quiet...usually 1 every 90 seconds.
According to news sources about 500 International planes were diverted to
major Canadian Airports this morning.
First hand reports indicate approximatley 25 in Toronto, and 26 in St John's
Newfoundland.

Two Planes (one identified as a Korean 747) were escorted by Canadian CF-18
military jets to land in Whitehorse city in the Yukon Territory (Canada) as
one was suspected of being hijacked. Reported by CBC at 15:44 PM.
http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/templates/view.cgi?/news/2001/09/11/can_travel010911

Canadian Airports are at "Ground Stop". Planes are disembarked on the tarmac
away from the terminal with a fleet of Buses picking up passengers.
ATIS (Arrival Channel) is advising that no departures are permitted except
for military, police, and humanitarian flights by order of the minister of
transport.
All planes are instructed to leave their ident beacon on standby while on
the tarmac.
Access roads to Toronto Airport are sealed off.

Randy Neals
Group Telecom
Mississauga, Ontario