World Trade Center attack

Mark C . Langston mark at bitshift.org
Tue Sep 11 21:02:13 UTC 2001

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 10:46:24AM -0700, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

> The USA is currently in state Delta, highest alertness state as if War has
> been declared. (Based on report on Fox News in the last 5 minutes)

Correct.  FP (Force Protection) Condition Delta is the highest alert.
Though I've heard it's only the US East coast posts that are at Delta;
I've had reports that most overseas bases are at Charlie.  FPCon is a
localized alert state and will vary by location.

DEFCON 2 has been reached, I believe.

DEFCON 1 does not necessarily equate automatically to war, however.  It
is merely the maximum level of force readiness.

--
Mark C. Langston
mark at bitshift.org
Systems & Network Admin