World Trade Center attack

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Tue Sep 11 20:43:08 UTC 2001

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:16:16 -0400 Jeff Aitken <jaitken at aitken.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 12:19:54PM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> > Has anybody been hearing news from out of the US about increased military
> > alerts and such?
>
> I've heard that we're at Threatcon Delta on parts of the east coast, at
> least, and Threatcon Charlie elsewhere.  Also, the navy has put two
> carriers to sea that will be holding station off the east coast, along
> with a number of destroyers.

and CNN has mis-reported that 5 battleships put to sea as well, suggesting
that their knowledge of networking is comparable to their knowledge of the
US navy.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                    Averill Park Networking
rwelty at averillpark.net                                      518-573-7592