Horrible world trade center crash, traffic effect

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Tue Sep 11 19:47:26 UTC 2001

At 01:32 PM 9/11/2001 -0400, Tim Brown wrote:

 >Slashdot is reporting a rumor that Akamai's founder was onboard a plane
 >into NYC at about the time of the crash.  Can someone from Akamai confirm
 >or deny?

[Copied from a post on another list]

Danny Lewin, co-founder of Akamai technologies, was in one of the planes:

<http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/010911/112407_1.html>

Danny was a buddy of mine, and many, many people at Akamai.  We will all
dearly miss him.

He was not just an executive at a big company.  He honestly did drive our
corporation and give us all a boost, emotionally, professionally.  His loss
will be felt profoundly, on a very personal level.

Of course, many people from all over the world will be feeling this type of
loss today.  I do not mean to trivialize their loss, just want to honor
Danny's memory.

Sorry for the off-topic post.

--
TTFN,