Horrible world trade center crash, traffic effect

Simon Lockhart simonl at rd.bbc.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 17:41:39 UTC 2001

>The problem seems to be site limiting, rather than network limiting. i.e.,
>news sites are being overloaded, which is causing slow or no response to
>http queries due to either server overload (my guess) or news site transit
>link overload (also possible). This is what seems to be causing lacking of
>response to news sites, instead of generalized network or peering
>congestion.

I can concur. Network running fine (busy, but not full). Servers *very*
busy. I am amazed how few network outages in NYC I am hearing about.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516
BBC Internet Services                | Email: Simon.Lockhart at bbc.co.uk
Kingswood Warren,Tadworth,Surrey,UK  |   URL: http://support.bbc.co.uk/