Horrible world trade center crash, traffic effect

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Tue Sep 11 16:47:24 UTC 2001

For "softer" sites -- non-news related, we saw normal traffic up to about
9:20am EDT. Then a sharp drop off over the next 40 minutes. The level of
traffic is similar to the ~6am traffic levels, most likely those not
affected by these events directly.

For news related and anything remotely political the opposite effect is very
evident and levels on these sites started exceeding their daily peaks by
10am.

Deepak Jain

[woke to sirens and phones ringing too..]