configuration lost

John Fraizer nanog at Overkill.EnterZone.Net
Mon Sep 10 13:13:38 UTC 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Nour Rabii wrote:

>  hello ,
>
>     my 7513 lost configuration , i don't know why ?
>     i have something like :
>
>     Rbackbone#wr
>     startup-config file open failed (Device or resource busy)
>
>     Rbackbone#sh startup-config
>     Using 35806 out of 126968 bytes
>     %Error opening nvram:/startup-config (Device or resource busy)
>

>     Best regards  .

I've seen this happen before.  We, thankfully, keep backup copies of the
config and therefore only lost the changes I'd made during that
session.  In our case, it was a "lack of memory" issue. I.E; Only 128M on
the router when it needed 256M for the code+peering sessions.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc