Where NAT disenfranchises the end-user ...

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Thu Sep 6 18:53:04 UTC 2001

Two software development houses, playing nice with each other, is more rare
than two ISPs doing same. The bottom-line is that it comes right off the
bottom-line. You can't deny that it's extra work/cost and effects
time-to-market. Remember, in software development, it's the second 90% that
kills the project. Consider the straw that broke the camel's back. Then
consider that 80% of all software projects never make it to market. Then
consider that most developers are NOT network engineers. They expect the
network to *be there*, period.