ATM failure - No the other kind of ATM

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Thu Sep 6 13:21:48 UTC 2001

At 10:59 PM 9/5/2001 -0700, Roeland Meyer wrote:
 >|> From: Patrick W. Gilmore [mailto:patrick at ianai.net]

 >|> I have never set up an ATM that used the Internet.
 >
 >... and you probably never will either.
 >
 >[looking fondly at the Wells Fargo listing on the trophy wall.]

As I told someone in private: I dunno.  Some banks are pretty
stupid.  Technically, if previous posts are to be believed, we are already
doing bank transfers in clear text e-mail to AOL accounts (i.e. "over the
Internet").

And some sales people pour really good Kool Aid about their encryption
products.

But let's hope not. :)  And certainly not at any bank *I* use.  (Knowingly)

--
TTFN,
patrick