Register.com .....routing issue?

Chris Kleban ckleban at sitesmith.com
Wed Sep 5 20:32:51 UTC 2001

I believe Register.com (or any for that matter) has the right to use
internal address space where ever they want. The fact that internal address
space is showing in a traceroute between you and them might mean a wide
range of things.

In this case, Register.com 'might' be using internal address space on
some(all) of their WAN links.

You <-> Internet <-> Company A Router <-> WAN Link (internal IP space) <->
Company A Router <-> Web Servers

Whether or not people should used RFC reserved IP space for WAN links is not
a discussion I wish to have.

Chris Kleban