Upsurge in attacks?

John Fraizer nanog at Overkill.EnterZone.Net
Wed Sep 5 02:36:27 UTC 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Chris Rapier wrote:

> Note: We only really start to give a damn when attacks start to suck up
> more than 20Mbps on its own. Anything less than that is either not worth
> the hassle or gets lost in the noise. Our position as a GigaPOP
> eliminates a few potential areas of concern.

That's nice to know.  So, If we see <20Mb/s attack from psc.edu, to get
your attention and make sure you give a damn about the initial problem, we
should counter-attack with 50-60Mb/s or so?  Is that the official stance
of psc.edu?

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc