Digex and Akamai are raping the ARIN whois database

Patrick Greenwell patrick at cybernothing.org
Wed Sep 5 01:25:42 UTC 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Steven J. Sobol wrote:

> We should probably take this off-list but I want to make one important
> point.
>
> By definition, you can't buy an opt-in list. If you buy it, and use it,
> you're spamming.

Bull. If I as an individual give permission for an organization I have
some sort of relationship with to have mail sent to me by third parties,
that's my perogative. What you are in fact saying is that I'm not allowed
to give that permission.

The problem is that the sleaze factor that permeates the space.