Digex and Akamai are raping the ARIN whois database

Kai Schlichting kai at pac-rim.net
Tue Sep 4 19:38:30 UTC 2001

Nothing like the smell of spam in the morning - coming to you through the
"benevolent" acts of Akamai and Digex - sent to POC handles blatantly stolen
from ARIN's whois database.

Yo, Digex: this just reminds me how much your "sales team" sucked the last
time around, when there was a DS3 contract up for grabs on an RFP.
This spam certainly cuts you out of any future consideration for a while:
You'll find yourself in good company with Savvis, I am sure.

Sep  4 11:4x:xx host sendmail[14500]: LAA14500: from=<bounces at bounce.innovyx.com>, size=10198, class=0, pri=40198, nrcpts=1, msgid=<200109041542.LAA14183 at host>, bodytype=8BITMIME, proto=ESMTP, relay=shiner.innovyx.com [63.143.186.194] (may be forged)
Sep  4 11:4x:xx host sendmail[14500]: LAA14500: to=<CENSORED at TLD>, delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, stat=Sent

> [censored]
> Received-Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:4x:xx -0400 (EDT)
> Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:41 -0700
> From: digexakamai <digexakamai-[censored]@m2.innovyx.com>
> Subject: You're Invited
> To: ADDRESS-STOLEN-FROM-ARIN-WHOIS-DB at TLD

> We're sending you this invitation because we received your e-mail
> address from one of our marketing partners. If you'd like to receive
> future emails, please click here:
> http://edge.akamai.com/redir.asp?[censored]&SubscriberID=[censored]
> Not confirming your interest automatically leaves you unsubscribed and
> we will not send you future emails. Additionally, each issue you receive
> as a subscriber will contain unsubscription instructions.

> Digex and Akamai Present:  Performance!...a Free seminar on enhancing
> your Web site performance.

> As the strategic value of Web sites has become a critical factor in
> the success of many companies, managing performance has become an
> ongoing challenge.  Fast response time is not just a feature, it is
> a requirement for today's transaction oriented Web sites where real
> business is conducted online.

> Join two industry leaders for a discussion about:

> *  Architecting your site for maximum performance
> *  Enhancing your e-business reach
> *  Speeding content and application delivery
> *  Eliminating costly and excessive bandwidth
> *  Maximizing the return on your investment

> When & Where

[blah cut]