Digital Island sponsors DoS attempt?

Dave Siegel dave at siegelie.com
Fri Oct 26 15:58:41 UTC 2001

I certainly wouldn't dispute DI's right to measure performance to
other places on the Internet.  After all, ICMP is an application too,
and as long as it doesn't negatively impact performance, there shouldn't
be anything wrong with it.

However, I would think it common courtesy to contact the network
administrator of a site you intend to measure, particularly if your
measurement tools are likely to trip security alarms.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 10:19:10PM -0500, Alan Hannan reportedly typed:

--
Dave Siegel
HOME   520-877-2593   dave at siegelie dot com