FWD: RE: FW: Getting hacked by Digital Isle?

Todd Suiter todd at s4r.com
Fri Oct 26 04:07:32 UTC 2001

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Christopher Wolff wrote:

> From: Sean Gleason <sgleason at digisle.net>
> Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 01:02:21 +0000 (GMT)
>
> At this point you can:
>
> 1) Do nothing. Please accept our apologies and be assured that your
>    machines are not being pinged by a hostile party.

Hostile is a matter of definition. For some of us, these would be another
in the category of 'false positive' events that LOTs of us look at by
hand. I may be nitpicking here, but every security/network person who
takes time out of their schedule to analyze and dig into this 'test', is
having their time wasted. And the several days time frame is just poor judgement.