Digital Island sponsors DoS attempt?

Brian Wallingford brian at meganet.net
Fri Oct 26 03:41:20 UTC 2001

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Alan Hannan wrote:

:
:  I suspect that DI, like many other companies, is actively monitoring
:  external sites to track, study, and hopefully improve connectivity
:  quality to them.

So, you suspect that Digisle has come up with a scheme for jiving
latency/path efficiency with as-paths, and integrating that into their own
routing policies?  Noone has done this well yet.  Those who have tried
have failed to realize the need for standardization, or have decided to
ignore such in the interest of developing a patented, proprietary scheme
(which is, based solely on common sense, doomed).

Conclusion: Digisle's probes are not at all justified.  Hopefully, they're
listening.

Admittedly, I may be misreading your theory.  If so, please elaborate.

cheers,
brian