Fwd: Re: Digital Island sponsors DoS attempt?

Jason Forester jasonf at digisle.net
Thu Oct 25 23:31:34 UTC 2001

To: chris at bblabs.com
Subject: Re:  Digital Island sponsors DoS attempt?
Cc: nanog at merit.edu, abuse at digisle.net

Chris,

As the message says, this is not an attack of any kind.  It is a system
which collects metrics for our Footprint Content Delivery System.

The system is attempting to determine the closest servers to your network,
to provide good service to your customers when they download from Footprint
customers such as Microsoft.

I'm sure you will get a response from abuse at digisle.net very shortly, but I
wanted to allay your fears quickly.  There is no attack.

- jason