BGP advice: Customer converting from static ISP connection to BGP

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Thu Oct 25 23:16:42 UTC 2001

	In my experience there will always be some dampening,
flapping, etc..  No matter how perfect you perform this
operation there are always minor little things that go wrong
as well as updates that make it across the network
just a *little* faster than one expected.

	As long as you "flap" once, you should not see any real
issues.  There is always someone behind a slow router running bgp
and the network that has an overly aggressive dampening policy
that you will have issues with.  But that will be such a small
subset of the internet that you are connected to (most likely)
that there will be no real visible problems.

	at least none that don't go away in at most 5-10 mins.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net