[NEWS] FBI To Require ISPs To Reconfigure E-mail Systems (fwd)

mscramer at armstrong.com mscramer at armstrong.com
Tue Oct 23 17:31:35 UTC 2001

On 19 Oct 2001, Paul Vixie wrote:

> Somewhere along with the power to vote particular politicians in or out
> must come some respect for the laws those people create, even the ones we
> don't think are perfect.

If the jury feels the law is unjust, we recognize the
undisputed power of the jury to acquit, even if its
verdict is contrary to the law as given by a judge,
and contrary to the evidence.
     -4th Circuit Court of Appeals, US v. Moylan, 1969

Even the courts say we shouldn't respect laws we feel are unjust.  For
more information see the Fully Informed Jury Association at
http://www.fija.org

Matt

--
Matthew S. Cramer <mscramer at armstrong.com>          Office: 717-396-5032
Lead Security Analyst                               Fax:    717-396-5590