NetSol's PGP auth ... and the road not taken

Matt Zimmerman mdz at csh.rit.edu
Tue Oct 23 01:42:05 UTC 2001

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 03:38:35PM -0700, J.D. Falk wrote:

> On 10/22/01, Joe Rhett <jrhett at isite.net> wrote:
> > Don't waste your time. We had PGP auth working for the last 6 years. It
> > will slow down any change you want to make by 3-5 days. Around 30% will get
> > rejected for no reason whatsoever, and much more fun stuff.
>
> 	I've had PGP AUTH broken for the last 6 years, and had the same
> 	kind of experience.  I just finished an ENTIRE MONTH of calling
> 	a couple of times a week to get a simple host record fixed.  In
> 	one call, somebody changed me from PGP AUTH to MAIL-FROM without
> 	effectively confirming that I was really me.
>
> 	VeriSign needs to cut their losses and start over.

On that note, am I the only one who got an email from Verisign recently
which said, in effect, "we apologize for giving you horrific customer
service for so many years, and we're going to try to do better"?

<quote>
Subject: Urgent Information About Your Domain Name Records

Dear Valued Customer,

Over the past year our business has undergone tremendous
growth and change. We know that as a result of this growth,
we haven't always delivered the best customer experience to
all of our customers. We are correcting this. That
correction starts today.
</quote>

etc. etc.

--