12000 ACL issue

Pete Kruckenberg pete at kruckenberg.com
Fri Oct 19 16:20:17 UTC 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> I guess I cannot use the GSR as a serious GigE platform,
> and now seeing the NTE prices on 10GE for the GSR and
> the timeframe it's going to be available, the GSR is not
> a viable 10GE platform either.

I've been trying to figure out the same thing, while there
are several other vendors very strong in L3 GigE, Cisco's
strategy (if there is one) appears to be twine and bailing
wire.

6500/7600 doesn't have the performance, and VLAN L3
interfaces are just too non-intuitive for me. GSR
price/performance and availability is so dismal compared to
other vendors, I am willing to bet on someone else and deal
with any platform immaturity. Can't say my experience with
GSR is so great, either, as far as stability, reliability,
etc goes. Reminds me of the GFR, the number of times I have
to reboot/reload...

Pete.