NOC Question

mike harrison meuon at highertech.net
Fri Oct 19 13:32:00 UTC 2001

> Why would someone ever hire more then one NOC tech?

Big NOC, lots of Winders machines to reboot.

We moved out of our 'noc' room to make room for more racks/cabinets and
have thought about building a 'fishbowl showplace', but what we have now
is a little more like a geeks living room, complete with couches, DirectTV
(CNN most of the time, Sci-Fi and BattleBots other times..) and a large
meeting table/chairs with just enough partitions and space to cut the
noise between people.

It's normally a 3 person setup...(1 call screener/wannabe) in about
800sqft. of course.. we also have dual-head Linux/Windows systems, Aeron
chairs...

We like it, and the quietly comfortable productive atmosphere. But then,
we have no VC or prospective investors to impress with fancy 'mission
control' style stuff, or want them.

Having a big (10ksqft) old (1888) converted building is a pain, but
having some space to waste is priceless.