[NEWS] FBI To Require ISPs To Reconfigure E-mail Systems (fwd)

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Thu Oct 18 13:38:20 UTC 2001

Paul Vixie wrote:

> Put your shoulder to this wheel, folks.  Or find someplace else to live.

Gosh and Golly Gee, not another "my way or the highway" despot!

I'd never have guessed that Vixie was a supporter of a police state.

I'll stop supporting democracy when they pry my vote out of my cold dead
hands....

Meanwhile, where is it exactly that all ISPs should move?

> (There's a four year sunset provision in the law they're passing tonight.)

Where?  The US House has adjourned.  (You might be referring to the
"pre-conference" committee that met before the "conference" committee
meets next week?)

It's all being done, probably illegally, by executive order.

--
William Allen Simpson