dns based loadbalancing/failover

Adam McKenna adam-nanog at flounder.net
Mon Oct 8 20:13:45 UTC 2001

I'm quite happy with dns at list.cr.yp.to.

> > Also, it wouldn't matter if I made my own list, because any list I
> > created would not be the official list of the DNSEXT working group.
>
> So your beef is with IETF process (sanctioning restricted forums) rather than
> with the restrictedness of the forum?  You think the IETF has some kind of
> monopoly on discussions of DNS's fine points and that because of this we ought
> to continue debating those fine points on other lists, like this one?

My beef is with the method of moderation practiced on the afforementioned
list, as documented at http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/namedroppers.html .

Selectively discarding, ignoring and/or editing posts from people the list
moderator doesn't like, even though they are consistent with the list's
charter, does not, to me, fall within the borders of an acceptable or fair
method of moderation.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna <adam at flounder.net>   | GPG: 17A4 11F7 5E7E C2E7 08AA