dns based loadbalancing/failover

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Mon Oct 8 11:30:04 UTC 2001

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 11:23:11PM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:

> > Remember, if you wanted to start a nam3dr0pp3rs@ list someplace else and post
> > introductions to it on ietf@ and namedroppers@, noone could stop you.
>
> That's incorrect.  The moderator could stop me.  Also, it wouldn't matter if
> I made my own list, because any list I created would not be the official list
> of the DNSEXT working group.

On a more practical note, because of the moderation namedroppers is not as
effective as it could be. Mr Bush is as active a moderator as you could wish
one, often working at all hours but so far the moderation has not had any
additional value - it halts discussion. If people find contributions of
certain subscribers less than useful, they are free to use procmail.

Regards,

bert
(the only reason for posting this message here is that it pertains to the
entire dns community, not just the select few who are subscribed to
namedroppers).

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services
Trilab                                 The Technology People