dns based loadbalancing/failover

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Mon Oct 8 05:39:40 UTC 2001

> You've conveniently failed to address the issue where the list moderator
> of namedroppers took it upon himself to edit the content of posts before
> forwarding them to the list.

I'm ignoring that claim, yes.  I'm not sure how "convenient" it is for me.

> ...  The messages that were sent clearly fell within the list's charter,
> yet they were rejected and/or edited by the moderator for what appear to
> be entirely personal reasons.

Randy can be hard to take sometimes (unlike, say, me) but I completely trust
his judgement as to what is, and is not, topical for the namedroppers@ list.

Remember, if you wanted to start a nam3dr0pp3rs@ list someplace else and post
introductions to it on ietf@ and namedroppers@, noone could stop you.  So if
you or anyone else is thinking of claiming to be experiencing censorship, I
hope you've got evidence of prior restraint to back that claim up.  Your iron,
your lists, your rules.  Go for it.  Best of luck, and all that.