Verio Peering Question

Jeff Mcadams jeffm at iglou.com
Wed Oct 3 16:30:08 UTC 2001

Also sprach Sean M. Doran
>Then you have a good reason to begin negotiations with other networks
>with a view to them accepting your unaggregated/unaggregatable
>prefixes, and can account for this as a cost of doing business.

Not scaleable.  Not scaleable for smaller provider (such as IgLou)
trying to get their routes announced, and even more interestingly, not
scaleable for the big provider such as Verio and Sprint that would be
doing propogation of the routes.

>| Is your position, honestly, that a provider the size of IgLou doesn't
>| *deserve* to have robust network connectivity because we're not big
>| enough?  If so, I'll be sure to avoid purchasing any transit from
>| you.

>I'm saying that if you are in the business of providing transit, you
>must be prepared to absorb some costs, rather than dump them on your
>fellow transit providers.

What the hell do you think my willingness to take on the effort of
renumbering into fewer blocks of more aggregateable space than what I
have now is?  I'm perfectly willing to take on the cost and effort of
renumbering my network (and imposing renumbering on my customers!) in
order to eliminate the 4 or 5 prefixes from the table that I have
control over.

>Transit from me is a luxury I doubt you need or can afford, but feel
>free to take my earlier advice: shut up and send a cheque.

You won't get any money from me.  Not with arrogance like that.  And,
yes, we could afford it.
Jeff McAdams                            Email: jeffm at iglou.com
Head Network Administrator              Voice: (502) 966-3848
IgLou Internet Services                        (800) 436-4456