Exodus "locking down" customer gear due to bankruptcy?

JC Dill nanog at vo.cnchost.com
Wed Oct 3 05:18:05 UTC 2001

On 06:03 PM 10/1/2001 -0400, Tim Wilde wrote:

 >Perhaps your sources are confused by changed procedures; in Boston I've
 >seen signs posted that equipment can no longer be carried in or out via
 >the lobby area, and must traverse the shipping & receiving area, but no
 >evidence of customers being prevented from leaving; in fact, I'm pretty
 >certain that there's no such restriction being enforced.

How odd.  In Chicago, I had boxes that had been shipped and held in their
shipping and receiving which I was forced to take into the lobby for the
purpose of unpacking and putting the equipment on carts before I was
allowed to take them into the colo and install in our cabinets.  The
reverse procedure was used to pack up the boxes I was shipping home, I had
to take the equipment out of the colo to the lobby and THEN pack it up, IN
THE LOBBY.  Needless to say, I found this policy a royal pain in the
youknowwhat.  They claim this is a company-wide policy, but if it is it
hasn't been enforced in Seattle (SE2) or in DC (DC2).  I have yet to test
how they enforce it in Santa Clara (SC4).

jc