Verio Peering Question

Sean M. Doran smd at clock.org
Wed Oct 3 02:09:39 UTC 2001

| As a network
| provider, we need to have robust network connectivity.  An upstream that
| aggregates my routes more, thus endangering my network connectivity
| would *quickly* lose my business.

Then you have a good reason to begin negotiations with other
networks with a view to them accepting your unaggregated/unaggregatable
prefixes, and can account for this as a cost of doing business.

| Is your position, honestly, that a provider the size of IgLou doesn't
| *deserve* to have robust network connectivity because we're not big
| enough?  If so, I'll be sure to avoid purchasing any transit from you.

I'm saying that if you are in the business of providing transit,
you must be prepared to absorb some costs, rather than dump them
on your fellow transit providers.

Transit from me is a luxury I doubt you need or can afford, but
feel free to take my earlier advice: shut up and send a cheque.

	Sean.