Exodus "locking down" customer gear due to bankruptcy?

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at NorthShoreTechnologies.net
Wed Oct 3 01:42:23 UTC 2001

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Cristopher Daniluk wrote:

> No, but their receivables are and they are technically a landlord.

Right, I understand. My former employer had to negotiate an agreement with
his landlord in order to offer colo services because colo providers
effectively are subletting space.

But assuming I'm paid up per the terms of the colo contract, can the
bankruptcy court or their agent take my servers because my landlord went
bankrupt with X number of months left on my contract?

Every lease I've signed, whether for an apartment or office space,
provides that I owe the landlord $X where $X is the product of monthly
rent x contract term in months. So, I pay the balance down to zero but
before the last month I still have an outstanding balance. But does that
apply to colo contracts too?

> If the state that the server is in has such legislation, that
> equipment is essentially a substitutable asset in place of your
> delinquent receivables.

If I'm delinquent. What if I'm paid up and current?

Just curious, and not expecting a *specific* answer,

JustThe.net LLC - Steve "Web Dude" Sobol, CTO - sjsobol at JustThe.net

Donate a portion of your monthly ISP bill to your favorite charity or
non-profit organization! E-mail me for details.