Verio Peering Question

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Tue Oct 2 22:36:11 UTC 2001

> On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Alex Bligh wrote:
>
>> Absolutely, assuming UUnet were willing to peer with you, and at that
>> rate for route exchange. Terms to be negotiated in the free market.
>
> In that case, we already have the system in place.  It just turns out
> that the negotiated rate per prefix is $0.

Or 'not at any price' in the case of refused peerings. Or at $$$
in the case of paid for peerings. And with no distinction drawn
between length/usefulness/CIDRity of prefixes. However, it has
been suggested that the ternary nature of this relationship
is insufficiently granular for people to exchange the routes
they want.

--
Alex Bligh
Personal Capacity