Perhaps OT?: Genuity/BBN

Christopher Wolff chris at bblabs.com
Tue Oct 2 05:57:23 UTC 2001

Hello again,

So many questions, so many great answers, thanks again list for all the great info.  I hope I have something to give back to everyone soon (Free 56k accounts?  :)

I think I'm going to be in the market for a new backbone provider to add to my existing mix (Qwest, GBLX, Broadwing).  I'm thinking one of these might go away.

The criteria will be to have great nationwide backbone quality, low response times, no fuss customer support, etc.

I'm wondering what everyone thinks of Genuity.  They say "all the right things" and from the traceroutes I've run off of their route server the national network seems pretty well managed.

Any ideas?  I'll be happy to hear them all.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher J. Wolff, CIO
Broadband Labs