Exodus "locking down" customer gear due to bankruptcy?

Christopher A. Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Mon Oct 1 21:52:17 UTC 2001

I've heard anecdotal evidence that Exodus has a clause buried in
at least some of their contracts that effectively prohibits the customer
from removing their equipment from their facilities in the event of
bankruptcy. Not the customer filing Ch. 7/11, but EXODUS going bankrupt.
Furthermore, it appears that as they have indeed filed Chapter 11, they are
actively enforcing this, at least at their Northern Virginia facility.

Has anyone else heard of this or been affected by this? Exodus customers,
can any of you look up your contracts and see if you can dig this up? I'm
interested in hearing the exact language, if it is indeed a standard
clause...I'm thinking there's no way that this could be enforceable,
although it would probably take a TRO to get them to let customers claim
their gear.

-Chris

Christopher A. Woodfield		rekoil at semihuman.com

PGP Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB887618B