BGP Update message

Tim Devries tim.devries at inquent.com
Mon Oct 1 18:22:32 UTC 2001

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on this list might know the maximum number of
route updates that can be sent in a BGP Update message.  Alternatively, it
would be nice to know the max length of the NLRI portion of the message.

I am trying to configure Class-based-weighted-fair-queueing (CBWFQ), and I
would like to work out how much bandwidth I need to assign to a BGP class
match.  We are currently grabbing the entire table of 106+K routes, and
would like to do this as a preventative measure.

Any help would be appreciated,

Tim Devries
Net Eng.
Inquent Technologies